Sick Building Syndrome

Sick Building SyndromeDo you have odor and dampness in the basement and/or crawl space of your home?

Did you know that if your home has a water intrusion, mold develops within 48 hours?

Did you know that more than 65 million mold spores fit in an area the size of a postage stamp?

Did you know that when you breathe in mold spores, they get into your lungs and can cause serious health problems?


Mold presence indoors has been around since Biblical times.[i]  However, over the last two decades it has grown to epidemic proportions.  Most experts agree this is largely due to the construction of energy-efficient airtight buildings, most often built with synthetic building materials.[ii]  These tightly sealed structures make it easy for water to become trapped behind interior walls, creating an ideal breeding ground for mold.[iii] Because these structures are so airtight, the only entering air comes through the structure’s ventilation system.[iv]  As a result, indoor air problems are worsened because the contamination is spread throughout the entire structure.

Mold not only cause damage to the structure but also pose serious health risks to the occupants such as asthma, lethargy, depression, sinus inflammation, serious lung infections, headaches, muddied thinking, severe allergies, emphysema, to the more serious disease states such as certain cancers. According to OSHA:

“Molds produce and release millions of spores small enough to be air-, water-, or insect-borne. They can also produce toxic agents known as mycotoxins. Spores and mycotoxins can have negative effects on human health. For those people who are affected by mold exposures there can be a wide variation in how they react. People at greatest risk of health effects are individuals with allergies, asthma, sinusitis, or other respiratory conditions, as well as infants and children, elderly people, and pregnant women. In addition, individuals with a weakened immune system are at risk.”

Mold-Medics Product "M"

Mold-Medics Product “M”

Mold-Medics Product “M” (Mold) solves these problems safely, organically and without the need for:

  • Dehumidifiers
  • Demolition
  • Toxic chemicals
  • Evacuation from your home

Mold-Medics Product “M” (Mold) is a patented, EPA registered, plant based, eco-friendly, environmentally safe, inexpensive solution to one of the world’s oldest problems.  It will eliminate the mold and odor, often in a single application with our unique fogger distributor.

Satisfaction guaranteed – One year performance warranty

Contact us today for a free, no-charge evaluation through our website contact page or by calling (410)-703-0492 or (302)-645-4946.


[ii] David F. Blundell, Proliferation of Mold and Toxic Mold Litigation: What is Safe Exposure to Airborne Fungi Spores Indoors? 8 Envtl. Law. 389. February 2002.

[iii] David W. Mockbee, The History of Problems Caused by Mold and Mildew Growth in Buildings. Mold and Mildew Problems in Buildings, 55 (2002).

[iv] Id. 00185844.WPD