Mold and Pets

Pets are much more susceptible to the effects of mold than human beings. Think about it. Their bodies are much smaller thus their respiratory systems are usually more sensitive than that of most people. In fact, pets will often exhibit toxic mold symptoms before their owners.

If your pet has any of the following symptoms, it is advisable to seek a diagnosis from your veterinarian and have your home inspected for mold:
• lethargy
• trouble breathing
• coughing
• red eyes
• unexplained allergies
• increased anxiety

In 2007, the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Assn. published a report entitled “Acute pulmonary hemorrhage during isoflurane anesthesia in two cats exposed to toxic black mold (Stachybotrys chartarum)” which outlines what is believed to be the first documented case of toxic black mold poisoning in pets. An abstract of the findings can be read here.

Mold-Medics Product “M” can be used safely around your family and your pets.  Mold Product “M” is made from non-toxic organic compounds, unlike the products many families use to treat mold.

Mold- Medics Product “O” , for odor, can be used to treat areas that your pets frequent, including, carpets, upholstery, bedding and litter boxes. Product “O” consists only of organic compounds, which will not harm your family or pets.

 

Comments are closed.